Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

The Gig

Okay, now that I have vented my creative panic, let's get down to it:  what/who is this blog for, and why should you read it...

This blog is a tool for the cast, crew, creative team of the fall 2011 production of AFTER MRS ROCHESTER and any other interested parties to track the progress of the  show as we push through the smoggy summer uncovering and shaping the production.  I  will be posting regular updates here, as well as links and dramaturgical information related to the show.  It will be a clearinghouse for the online materials we use to understand and interpret the show.  For example, before I even wrote my own first post, I put the link to Dominica Broadcasting in the links panel.  Three actors will need to have that accent. It would be MOST useful to listen to it as often as possible.  If you don't need to learn that accent, you might want to check it out so you can either sympathize or gloat.  Your choice.  But in my company, I expect sympathy,  After all, if your colleagues have to learn a Dominican accent, you know you will get a challenge or equal or greater value.  What goes around, comes around.

So I will keep building up the resources on this page and continue ranting.  Can't wait til auditions - I am getting excited to share this crazy trip with my acting company.

No comments:

Post a Comment